Cal Poly Agribusiness Internship Program
AGB 339 - Update for AY 2021-2022
Until further notice, AGB 339 will not be available for academic credit.
Top 12 Reasons Why You Should Do an Internship
- Integrate academic learning with "hands-on" practical experience.
- Affirm, explore and clarify career goals and plans for the future
- Make more informed and realistic decisions about the remaining curriculum and career choices
- Return to the University with great motivation to complete coursework.
- Create an environment for new learning outside the traditional campus environment.
- Gain professional level work experience.
- Interact and network with professionals in the industry
- Build confidence to function in a business environment.
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market
- Develop job search and interviewing skills
- Create transition opportunities for a permanent job after graduation.
- Develop interpersonal skills such as communication, problem solving and teamwork.
Why Register for Internship Credit?
Internship credit verifies that you have taken an internship on your transcript, opens doors for faculty recommendations based on your internship experience, provides you with a post-evaluation report to help you enhance skills and continue the Agribusiness Internship program.