Cal Poly Agribusiness Internship Program
Top 12 Reasons Why You Should Do an Internship
- Integrate academic learning with "hands-on" practical experience.
- Affirm, explore and clarify career goals and plans for the future
- Make more informed and realistic decisions about remaining curriculum and career choices
- Return to the University with great motivation to complete coursework.
- Create an environment for new learning outside the traditional campus environment.
- Gain professional level work experience.
- Interact and network with professionals in the industry
- Build confidence to function in a business environment.
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market
- Develop job search and interviewing skills
- Create transition opportunities for a permanent job after graduation.
- Develop interpersonal skills such as communication, problem solving and teamwork.
Why Register for Internship Credit?
Internship credit verifies that you have taken an internship on your transcript, opens doors for faculty recommendations based on your internship experience, provides you with a post-evaluation report to help you enhance skills and continue the Agribusiness Internship program.
How to Register for Internship Credit
Students looking to receive academic credit for an internship must follow the steps below.
1. Complete the pre-approval documents (#1-4) listed below. You may submit the documents via email to the Internship Coordinator, Mr. Craig Hooper, at email@example.com, or you may submit the documents in person to the AGB Advising Center, building 10, room 252.
2. Students will also need to submit a letter from their employer stating hours worked and rate of pay.
3. The Internship Coordinator will follow up with the student approving or denying the internship for academic credit. If an internship is approved, the AGB Department will issue the student a permission number for AGB 339.
4. Students will then follow up with the AGB Department and complete the remaining documents by the end of the internship period.
- You must get approval for academic credit PRIOR to starting your internship. The department does not grant retroactive credit for a previous internship.
- You can only receive credit for an internship during the period you are doing the work. It is not possible to complete the internship during the summer and get credit for it during other terms.
- The AGB internship course, AGB 339, is a credit/no credit class.