Agribusiness Management/National Agricultural Marketing Association Club (ABM/NAMA)
The ABM/NAMA club is a great way for students to learn about the agribusiness industry. The club allows students to attend industry conventions, compete in marketing competitions, and network with agribusiness professionals. Being involved in the club is also a great way to meet and socialize with other students.
Each winter, Cal Poly’s Agribusiness Management club organizes the Ag Showcase. Over 80 companies participate in this job fair, which allows students to network with company representatives and to learn about internship and job opportunities.
Students that are on the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA) marketing competition team have the opportunity to create and present a complete marketing plan for a new agricultural or food product. The team begins working at the end of fall quarter each year, with their work culminating at the national competition in April in Kansas City where the team competes against teams from nearly 40 other universities. Being a part of the NAMA team exposes students to a rich and rewarding experience that takes learning out of the classroom and into a real-world environment where they are engaged, under pressure, and challenged.
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Lynn Hamilton
2021 AG SHOWCASE
Ag Showcase will be a completely VIRTUAL experience this year! The dates and time of Ag Showcase will proceed as previously scheduled:
- Virtual Ag Showcase
Thursday, January 14th and Friday, January 15th, 2021
9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Cal Poly Student Registration
To register for Ag Showcase, please follow the steps listed below or download the Ag Showcase Student Registration Information Sheet (PDF).
To register for Ag Showcase, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Access the landing page using the links below for the specific day/s you plan to attend Ag Showcase and select the “Register Now” button.
- Ag Showcase on Thursday, January 14th, 2021: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/cal-poly-agribusiness-management-club/e/WgQvz
- Ag Showcase on Friday, January 15th, 2021: https://app.brazenconnect.com/a/cal-poly-agribusiness-management-club/e/d706J
- Step 2: Create a Brazen account by inputting your first name, last name, email address, and a password of your choice, and click the “Sign Up” button. If you have used Brazen before and already have an account, select the “Log In” button listed below the “Sign Up” button.
- Step 3: You will be directed to the Event Registration page. Fill out all required fields and select “Save” at the bottom of the page to complete registration. The required fields are as follows:
- Profile Picture (acceptable file types: JPG, JPEG, PNG, and GIF)
- Minor (if applicable - NOT a required field)
- Resume (acceptable file types: PDF, DOC, and DOCX)
- LinkedIn Profile URL (NOT a required field)
- What types of positions are you looking for?
- Mobile Phone Number
- Step 4: Check your inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you have successfully registered for Ag Showcase.
Important Things to Note When Registering for Ag Showcase
- If you plan to register for both days, you will need to fill out the registration for each day separately.
- When you enter your mobile phone number during registration, you will receive a text message from Brazen. Reply “YES” to that text message if you would like to subscribe to receive notifications related to Ag Showcase from Brazen. You can opt-out of receiving these text messages anytime by replying “STOP” to the message thread.
- Once you’ve created a Brazen account and registered, you will have the opportunity to update your registration information. If you plan on updating your resume prior to Ag Showcase, you can do so after you have registered and can upload the updated version of your resume anytime prior to the start of the event.
- Brazen allows for the submission of ONE resume during registration that can be viewed by any company representatives you chat with during Ag Showcase. Because of this, it is recommended that you create a general resume to upload to Brazen. If you would like to tailor your resume to a specific company and/or employment position, please ask the representative of that company for their email during your chat with them and email your tailored resume to that representative individually.
- RECOMMENDATION: Watch the Virtual Event Guide video created by Brazen to get a general overview of how the platform works. This video can be found near the bottom of the Ag Showcase landing page.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Ag Showcase Chair at email@example.com for support.
Are you a company representative and interested in participating in Ag Showcase?
Click here to access the Ag Showcase landing screen for further details regarding pricing, sponsorship opportunities, logistics, etc.
To register, select the “Companies Registration” button on the landing screen. This button will direct you to Eventbrite to complete registration. For questions regarding the event, please contact Emely Allen Fernandes, the Ag Showcase Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (209) 988-8200.
- Altman Plants
- Bartlett Tree Experts
- BASF Agro Bayer
- Vegetable Seeds/Seminis
- Bonipak BrightView
- Landscape Services
- Challenge Dairy Products, Inc.
- Constellation Brands
- Corteva Agriscience
- Delicato Family Wines
- Duckhorn Wine Company
- E & J Gallo Winery
- Five Rivers Cattle
- Fowler Packing Company
- Fresno Madera Farm Credit
- Golden State Farm Credit
- Green Valley Farm Supply, Inc.
- Grow West
- G3 Enterprises
- J.G. Boswell Company
- J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines
- J.R. Simplot Company
- LandCare Markon Cooperative
- Mission Produce, Inc.
- Ocean Mist Farms
- Prime Landscape
- RDO Equipment Co.
- SPW Consultants, Inc.
- Ste Michelle Wine Estates
- Superior Foods International LLC
- Sysco Produce
- Taylor Farms
- The J.M. Smucker Co.
- Trinchero Family Estates
- West Pak Avocado
- Wilbur Ellis Company
- Wine Warehouse
- Yosemite Farm Credit
Ag Showcase Chair
Emely Allen Fernandes
Thank you to our 2021 Ag Showcase Sponsors!